Friday, December 20, 2013

Luciana's Adventures with Flipper

Friday, December 6, Flipper came home with me! He met my penguin and my human families! At first, he waited for me to get my swimsuit on. (He covered his eyes, of course). Then, I carried him in the car to Arlington Alligators swim practice. He was pretty hot in there, and I warned him not to jump into the warm pool! He watched Emilia, Lidia and me swim.  Later at home I gave him a quick bath and dried him. We watched The Grinch before heading to bed. We snuggled like crazy, and I woke up during the night to make sure he was warm and cuddled!

On Saturday, Flipper and I went to watch Lidia and my dad at the Santa Run. It was hard to spot them because everyone had a Santa suit. Flipper spotted them first, and we followed them to them to the finish line. Flipper ran faster than some of the Santas! We had treats at Panera afterward and he shared a Cobblestone muffin and cherry Danish with me. The cherry was Flipper’s favorite. I dragged Flipper to my swim practice again. All the kids were happy to see him.  My parents had to go out so Flipper got to meet our new baby sitter. She was nice and she liked Flipper. I read Flat Stanley to Flipper. He says he wants to hear the other books too. When my parents got home my mom tucked me and Flipper into bed.

Bright and early on Sunday (6:00) we drove off to the Blat off swim meet at Northwestern University. We stopped at Dunkin Donuts on the way and he had a munchkin. He got to see Lake Michigan, and now he knows why Chicago is called the windy city! The clouds were thick and dark… a storm? a blizzard? Lidia placed third in breaststroke. Flipper high fived her and kissed her!
When we were close to home after the meet the snow started to come down. Flipper did a flip. He begged me to let him play in the snow. I let him throw a snowball. I held him (so he would stay dry) as we went down the snow-covered slide along side The Peas.


Monday morning we all said our sad good byes. The Peas started crying and the penguins gave Flipper a group hug. I was not too sad because I still get to see Flipper at school and in my pictures. What a great weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment