Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Andrew's Adventures with Flipper

On Friday, January 10th I brought Flipper home with me.  Flipper came out of my backpack and watched me say “hi” to my grandmas.  The whole family came over to celebrate my sister Ava’s birthday.  Flipper ate dinner with us.  We had sloppy joes and fries.  After dinner, Uncle Pete spun Flipper and I around on the floor by our legs.  We sang Happy Birthday to Ava and everyone ate mandarin orange cake, her favorite.  Flipper and I did not eat any cake.  We were too full from dinner!

On Saturday, we started the day with breakfast and video games.  Then my dad took us to play basketball.  Flipper cheered for me as I shot 24 baskets.  I was hungry after that.  I had 2 tacos for lunch at Taco Bell.  We had to get new tires for my grandma’s car and then we dropped it off at her house.  After that, Flipper and I went go-karting.  Flipper was not allowed to go in the go-kart with me.  He watched me get in 4th and 8th place in 2 races.  He also watched me get a spin out.  Flipper was worried that I got hurt, but I did not get hurt.  Later at home, we had pizza for dinner and played the board game, Clue.  It was Miss Scarlett with a rope in the study.  Flipper was shocked and confused.   Flipper slept in my room that night.

On Sunday, we had a fun day planned for Ava’s birthday.  We ate Subway in the car for lunch and drove to Chicago to see The Blue Man Group.  Flipper’s favorite part of the show was the dance party.  He liked to shake his butt and watch the huge beach balls fly in the air.  After the show, we went to dinner at the Little Goat diner.  Flipper watched me gobble up the french fries.  There was another surprise after dinner.  Flipper and I tried to guess the surprise, but Ava figured it out when we got to the stadium. We saw people walking with Blackhawk jerseys.  It was the Blackhawks vs. Oilers game!  We got to watch the game in a skybox.  There were lots of treats.  We made Blackhawks signs to cheer the team on.  They won the game 5-3! 


Flipper and I had a great time this weekend!  On Monday, Flipper and I had our last breakfast together and went to school.




No comments:

Post a Comment