Friday, January 24, 2014

Katherine's Adventures with Swinger

Friday, Swinger came home with me and we packed for the Indian Princess campout. Saturday, Me, Swinger, and my dad left at 8:00 A.M. for Camp Duncan.  When we got there we picked a bed and got settled in our cabin.  Then we hung out in our cabin, after that we went sledding.  It was really steep so we went down fast and went really far.  Me and Swinger were freezing because the snow was blowing against us.  After sledding, we went skating on the ice and me and Swinger fell on our butt several times.  Next, we went to the mess hall and when Swinger tried the sandwich he spit it out.  So he decided to have a salad like me and we both liked it better than the sandwich, although it wasn’t great.  After lunch, we hung out in the cabin and played some music for a long time.  Since me and Swinger had so much fun sledding we decided to do it again.  This time it was even colder because the temperature dropped all day.  We went down faster this time because the snow had turned into ice.  Then we decided to go back to the cabin and make s’mores with our tribe.  The s’mores were so delicious I even got my dad to try one.  Swinger liked them too, better than the salad!  

After that we went to the dance party, right when we got there Swinger disappeared out on the dance floor!  We found Kate, Lilly, Emily Douglas, and Ellie.  The first song was “Timber,” it’s Swingers favorite song.  So he taught me the monkey dance and I taught him the sprinkler.  Then people started to leave and our legs got tired.  The next thing we know, me, my dad , and Swinger are the last people on the dance floor!  So we went back to the cabin.  My dads phone said eleven o’clock PM!  Me, Kate, Lilly, and Swinger talked for awhile and ate more s’mores before we went to bed.  Me, Swinger, and Kate were the last people awake.  We understood that because it was twelve fifteen PM!  Finally, we went to bed.  “Good night” I said to Swinger.  

Sunday, Swinger and I got up and did the wake-up call.  After that we went home.  We stopped by Panera for a cinnamon roll.  Swinger loved the inside because it had the most cinnamon.  We liked the hot chocolate too!  I had a great time at the campout with Swinger and my dad.  Swinger got to spend extra time with me because of Martin Luther King day.  So I had a playdate with Kate and he loved the sugar cookies my mom made.  He also had fun playing in the basement with us.  Then I had a playdate with Lilly and we had really yummy popsicles.  Wednesday, I had my last breakfast with Swinger.  “I had a great time” I told Swinger, and he said the same thing back.






No comments:

Post a Comment