Friday, March 10, 2017

Curtis and Flipper's Weekend

When we got home from school on Friday, I had a 3 v. 3 soccer tournament. We had to play older players. We were U9 and we played three games. Our team tied 1st game and lost our second and third games. Flipper thought we played great.

After soccer, Flipper and I went to my travel basketball team dinner. It was the end of our regular season and we were going into the playoffs. Our record is 15-2. We had fun at Armand’s eating pizza and Flipper had fun with my teammates.

On Saturday, Dawson was playing a playoff game and his team won to advance to the semi-finals. After the game, we went to Dawson’s teammate Joey’s home. He has a basketball hoop and a trampoline. Flipper thought it was cool. We even played video games on his PS4.

Sunday was a great day for me and Flipper. I woke at 8am. I needed to get to my basketball semi-final game v. Palatine. We won and I made a jumper just inside three-point range. I swished it, I caught the ball, turned to the hoop and made a fade-away. We won by 26 points and got to advance to the championship game!

We were excited to play Park Ridge. We practiced for the game and were ready to win. At the end of the first quarter, we were down 11-1. Flipper was freaking out. At the end of the second quarter, we were still down 17-6. At the end of the third, the score was 22-22. My team was so anxious about who was going to win. Then both teams played good defense. We were winning 24-22 and they missed 1 of 2 free throws. With 3:18 on the clock, we kept shooting free throws and missing. Finally, we made one free throw with 1:00 on the clock, 25-23 us. Flipper was going wild that we came back from being so far down.

With six seconds on the clock, they passed the ball in from out of bounds. They crossed over half court, with 4 seconds to go he passed to number 5 and dribbled to the three-point line. With one second to go, he shot and missed. We won the championship 25-23!




No comments:

Post a Comment